Friday 14 May 2010

Looking For The Stig.

Not so long ago i found myself at Dunsfold aerodrome, filming a short news item about aircraft fuel saving technology. Yes, i know, my life is one big glamour whirlwind. Anyway, there i was in some draughty aircraft hangar when i wandered off in search of a toilet. Pushing my way through a large, heavy black drape, i found myself in the middle of the Top Gear studio.

I can't quite remember how i got there, but there i was, with the cool wall to my left, a large picture of the Stig hanging from the ceiling and various vehicles that the Top Gear team had wrecked over the years.



I knew that the studios were in Dunsfold, but i didn't quite expect to be able to just wander in. So, i wandered in. I was sorely tempted at that point to rearrange the cool wall, just to annoy Jeremy Clarkson, or to let down the tyres on a very expensive looking sports car that was parked not ten feet away. But i didn't have the courage, so i walked around in search of someone who could get me tickets for the show. You guessed it. No chance.

So, having realised that just because i worked for the BBC, that it didn't entitle you to free tickets, i returned to my news story about very technical men, explaining very technical things about fuel consumption and efficiency savings. Where was Jeremy Clarkson when you needed him?

like Top Gear?

No comments:

Post a Comment